Right now, you can easily listen to international and local radio stations from around the world. You just need to have a WiFi radio set or a smartphone (preferably with WiFi).
The best advice is to listen for a while a radio station of your target language everyday. Also, you can download podcasts of your favourite programmes and listen to them whenever you feel like.
You can start listening to international stations. They speak slower and are easy to understand as they target foreign audiencies.
Most of them also broadcast language courses that you can find in their web pages.
Some international stations are:
- For those learning English: BBC Worldservice
- Spanish: REE (Radio Exterior de España)
- German: DW (Deutsche Welle)
- Russian: Voice of Russia
- French: RFI (Radio France)
- Korean: KBS
- Japanese: NHK
- Chinse: CRI (China Radio International)
- Czech: Radio Praha
You can search local and international broadcasters in different directories:
Above all, do not forget to listen to radio in your target language everyday. You'll notice soon how much you improve.
Also, you can write a comment if you know more tips about learning languages.
More about language learning
- If you want to meet people and practice languages visit: Babelan, the languages site.