- You should find someone with a similar level to yours. Different levels could fail the exchange.
- Talk about common interests: hobbies, travels, culture, sports... Perhaps, you don't know the other's hobby. Although, asking and learning about it could become interesting for you.
- You can teach some grammar points, vocabulary, pronunciation and help solving some doubts.
- You may also exchange videos and articles that could engage your partner.
- It is also attractive to teach idioms and quotes.
- Correct your partner. Even though, not too much, not all the time. It could be boring and prevent fluency.
- In addition, everyone likes to talk about their countries, habits, people in their countries, popular gastronomy, history...
I hope these tips are a good starting point for you language exchange. If you want to share your suggestions and experiences, just post a comment below.
You can contact native speakers and make new friends from all around the world in Babelan. Check it out.