- Easy Persian - http://www.easypersian.com
- Iranian songs translations - http://iraniansongstranslations.blogspot.com
- Learn Persian - http://www.learn-persian.com
- Lengua persa - http://www.lenguapersa.com
- Persasencilla - http://persa.sencilla.googlepages.com
- Study Persian - http://www.studypersian.com
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Persian has ca. 110 million native speakers, holding official status respectively in Iran, Afghanistan and Tajikistan. For centuries Persian has also been a prestigious cultural language in Central Asia, South Asia, and Western Asia.
Persian has had a considerable influence on neighboring languages, particularly the Turkic languages in Central Asia, Caucasus, and Anatolia, neighboring Iranian languages, as well as Armenian, Arabic and other languages. It has also exerted a strong influence on South Asian languages, especially Urdu, as well as Hindi, Punjabi, Sindhi, Saraiki, Sylheti, Bengali, Oriya.
With a long history of literature in the form of Middle Persian before Islam, Persian was the first language in Muslim civilization to break through Arabic’s monopoly on writing, and the writing of poetry in Persian was established as a court tradition in many eastern courts. Some of the famous works of Persian literature are the Shahnameh of Ferdowsi, works of Rumi (Molana), Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, Divan of Hafiz and poems of Saadi.
If you want to meet people and practice languages such as Persian visit: Babelan, people learning, practicing or teaching languages.